Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Final Days of Home

The time has come yet again and I'm getting ready to board a plane!
Here is the song I've been listening to with the hope it will inspire me to start packing
(or at least to do my laundry):


Home has been great and I've gotten in all the necessities:

lots and lots of bagels
plenty of snow
bird sightings
coffee, coffee, coffee
a lunar eclipse
some very, very slow driving
macaroni & cheese
I can't imagine what else I would need to do here.

I also had the fascinating experience of going back in time about twenty years, to a time when there were no cell phones. Since my parents accidentally permanently deleted my phone number, I have been existing like a person in the past. I've had to actually tell people that I will meet them in a certain place at a certain time and have both of us just hope we show up. It really freaks people out. I think that if the entire world was like me, without a phone, this might work out a little better. But since I am just one technologically handicapped person in a sea of iPhones it has not been so easy. Still, it was kind of nice to be disconnected from everything, it felt more like vacation. And of course, I wasn't completely disconnected because I still had the internet...

I actually leave on Monday but thought I would get ahead on my blog since I'm certainly not getting ahead on my packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment