Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sono Malata!

My blog is a little behind right now because the day after I came back from Malta I became sick with a fever, just a fever, nothing else.   It's a little funny because recently some American friends and I were talking about how strange it is that every time an Italian gets sick they always say that they have a fever.  Always.   Professors don't come in because they have "the temperature", Italians won't come out with us at night because they have "the temperature".  Honestly, I've always kind of made fun of it because I thought they just had a cold and were being dramatic.   Well, that's what I get.  The temperature exists.  And it is not fun.

However it is kind of cute because my host brother and I have been sick at the same time.  We're simultaneously both refusing to eat much at all at dinner and my host mom has been doing everything she can to make us both healthy again.   Every now and then she calls us into the kitchen, "Jacopo!" "Anna!" and gives us tea with honey and lemon.   It's really adorable.  They're great.

That being said, it is now time for me to get this blog caught up and create a post about Malta.

No comments:

Post a Comment